Proceedings of the 3rd KuVS/GI Expert Talk on Localization
Localization is a key technology in the eld of medical, industrial and logistics applications, thus many applications will benet from indoor localization. For instance, persons moving within an industrial security area are protected to enter a restricted area by triggering an alarm and shutting down hazardous machinery. In medical applications, emergency personnel is able to nd injured persons much easier when the position is known. An application scenario in logistics is the localization of goods and equipment so that the ow of the production processes can be monitored and optimized. Although there is a huge research interest, there is no perfect solution for all the use cases in indoor localization scenarios. There is a variety of approaches and systems available by applying dierent technologies, e.g. optical, received signal strength, time of ight, etc. Each approach incorporates its own strengths and weaknesses. The 3rd Expert Talk on Localization oers researchers a platform to discuss recent results of their work and share opinions with each other. This year's expert talk brings together researchers from academia and industry and oers a broad range of contributions in this challenging area including complete localization systems and demonstrations. The program covers ultra-wideband radio-based approaches, as well as received signal strength for indoor localization and the emerging eld of machine learning and its application in localization.
- Machine Learning-based Room Recognition
- A new localization algorithm based on neural networks
- Comparison of Antenna Types and Frequency Bands for Radio-based Device-free...
- Theoretical Considerations Regarding the Application of Received Signal...
- Evaluation of H-infinity Filter in Time Differential Localization Systems
- Impact of the antenna orientation for distance estimation
- Anchor Pair Selection in Unilateral TDoA Localization Topologies
- Demo: InPhase – No-Cost Phase-based Ranging and Localization in Wireless...
- Concept for real-time localization based on smartphone camera and IMU
- Lessons learned: Indoor Ultra-Wideband localization systems for an industrial...
Proceedings of the 3rd KuVS/GI Expert Talk on Localization. Braunschweig 2018.
Use and reproduction:
All rights reserved