The Braunschweigische Wissenschaftlichen Gesellschaft (BWG)
- The yearbooks of the Braunschweigische Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft from 1983 on
- Treatise of the Braunschweigische Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft from 1949 on
- Academical lectures in the Schloss
- Search in the publications of the BWG
The Braunschweigische Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft (BWG) is an institution under public law of the Land of Lower Saxony.
Its task is, by own activity and in cooperation with other scientific institutions national and international, to support science and in particular encourage interaction between sciences, technical sciences and humanities.
The BWG is an institution structured analogously to the Academies of Sciences, whose 145 full members have their scientific homes primarily at technical oriented universities in the triangle of Brunswick - Hanover - Clausthal. With that also engineering disciplines are focused on in the otherwise wide range of sciences and humanities of the BWG.
Usually it confers the Carl Friedrich Gauß-Medaille annually to scholars of scientifically outstanding merits national and international.
Results of its activity can be found in the publications of the company.
With symposia and speeches a connection to the public is established in order to contribute scientific research results to public discussion.